Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test kit in Canada?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bolton Ontario Canada

Test kit in Canada?

Hi everyone, my first full summer with a pool after moving last August. Learning a bunch from the site, what a great help.

I tried to track down a Talyor test Kit K2006, and the local place is $177!

Can't ship the recommended kits to Canada from what I have seen, so am at a loss.
    Are there any kit options in Canada that are more reasonable. I did find the K2006 out of stock in Montreal (I am Toronto area) for $129, still too much.

Still relying on pool store tests for now.

16x32 vinyl
    80,000L chlorine
    21" Hayward sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Test kit in Canada?

Try eBay
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sault Ontario

Re: Test kit in Canada?

Search the forums, there's lots of threads on test kits and Canada
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

San Rafael, CA USA

Try Piscines Apollo Pools, for example. It's $123 and may be what you found in Montreal. I don't think you'll find the kit for much less than that because of the exclusive distribution agreement Taylor has with Lowry & Associates and the costs of import.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

5. Back To Top    #5

I just went through searching for a cheaper place to buy a K2006 in Canada and ordered from Piscine Apollo, my local store wanted 260$ for at 147 i would've considered it since Apollo
    is temporarily out of stock and is expecting more in about 10 days as of yesterday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2