I know this is a covered topic, but I am new to chemistry issues and cannot see the forest through the trees. I've owner this pool for 6 years now, and this is the first year I've had this problem. Until now, it's been relatively easy to keep levels as they should be. Here are the stats:
24,000 gallon pool
Current condition of water:
Tot Chlorine .5
Free Chlorine: .5
Adj tot Alk: 49
CA hardness: 200
I"ve added shock, and have my chlorine feed at the highest setting, with abt 12 pucks in the dispenser. I've tested the line - no clogs.
You can probably guess the drill. Pool Co did the testing - used a good kit, thought. Said I needed to reduce phosphates, so I am in the process of doing this now (I know, I know). Everything I read refers to CYA being off, but mine is not. So, question is, what do I do if the phosphates reduction does not work?