Not a great opening day.

JimB

Jul 5, 2008
Just opened the pool today. Not looking good. I'm topping it off right now so I haven't done any testing yet. The main issue a lot of green hovering around the bottom. Is there a way to post a picture?
I'm trying to decide how I want to tackle it. One thought is after the pool is filled, to vacum to waste, probably a couple times, before testing and balancing. Or, should I just test, balance then shock and keep backwashing.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

You can use photobucket to host your pictures. The accounts are free and it is fairly simple to use.

If you can vacuum to waste very slowly so you disturb the algae as little as possible you may be able to get things straightened out without having to filter out the debris for a week or more. Then you can test and get pH in line if needed, and after that begin the shock process.

That's kind of what I was thinking.
I used to have a photobucket account. If I can find it or start another one...sorry to be a bit slow here, it's getting late...is there a help section here that says how to do post a picture.
Another quick ? Does troublefreepool have an android app? I'd be willing to pay for that. I did find a pool care app called 'Pool Care' by Zac Lippard. I think it's for keeping track of test results and I think it calculates how much chemicals to add. Not sure if it goes by the bbb method

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.