Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not a great opening day.

1. Back To Top    #1

Not a great opening day.

Just opened the pool today. Not looking good. I'm topping it off right now so I haven't done any testing yet. The main issue a lot of green hovering around the bottom. Is there a way to post a picture?
    I'm trying to decide how I want to tackle it. One thought is after the pool is filled, to vacum to waste, probably a couple times, before testing and balancing. Or, should I just test, balance then shock and keep backwashing.

Thanks in advance for any ideas
    JimB
    on the Northcoast of the U.S.A.

24ft AG-13,500 gal-Hayward S-166T high rate sand filter-pump is SplashPak Hp 1spl (whatever that means)-TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not a great opening day.

You can use photobucket to host your pictures. The accounts are free and it is fairly simple to use.

If you can vacuum to waste very slowly so you disturb the algae as little as possible you may be able to get things straightened out without having to filter out the debris for a week or more. Then you can test and get pH in line if needed, and after that begin the shock process.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's kind of what I was thinking.
    I used to have a photobucket account. If I can find it or start another one...sorry to be a bit slow here, it's getting late...is there a help section here that says how to do post a picture.
    Another quick ? Does troublefreepool have an android app? I'd be willing to pay for that. I did find a pool care app called 'Pool Care' by Zac Lippard. I think it's for keeping track of test results and I think it calculates how much chemicals to add. Not sure if it goes by the bbb method
    JimB
    on the Northcoast of the U.S.A.

24ft AG-13,500 gal-Hayward S-166T high rate sand filter-pump is SplashPak Hp 1spl (whatever that means)-TF100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

The forum uses Tapatalk for the reading app.

There's a guy on the forum that has developed an app for test readings. It's Simple Pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit