Hello and thank you for being available to help! I have somehow inherited my husbands above ground pool expedition! It is a 17 x 17 vinyl beauty. Trouble is, on Memorial Day weekend I decided to try to bring to life (or death, in this case) the thick green, pollywog laden swamp. I scrubbed, vacuumed and put massive amounts of algaecide and shock in till it reached its' somewhat cloudy present state. I have a simple pool test kit which registers no chlorine or bromine and a ph of 6.8. I think I may have a chemical pond on my hands now. I hesitate to add anything else without some wise input! Can you help?