Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help any Hayward critter/wanda/dan users

1. Back To Top    #1

Help any Hayward critter/wanda/dan users

Seriously considering getting one of these AGP cleaners for more regular use than my Pool Rover Jr. Hate the idea of having to use a whole bunch of sections of hose jointed together. I'd have to get some extra sections for my pool size anyhow. Does anybody know if you can use a standard existing size hose to run these around? I understand that I may have to use the first section to the skimmer and the last section that comes with it to the cleaner head. Can you hook a standard hose between the two....IF.... you can't go all the way with it? Are they pretty good for just blown in fine dirt? I pretty much dipnet anything the net will pick up. Thanks for your input.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help any Hayward critter/wanda/dan users

Not a soul?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Apparently not!

I've looked at several of them but never got one.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I have an Aqua Bug and it's been great for the past 6 years. My hose sections are cracking at the ends (from the sun). I am considering replacing the whole bug and keep the old one as a spare.

I need a new hose... so I too wondered if I could use a standard hose.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

I've had one for 15 years. Works great in my 24' round flat bottom pool. Just replaced it this year due to cracks in the hoses also. So I'm on the + side for recommending one.

I actually like the segmented hoses. When I'm ready to use it, I hook the first section to the critter, I let it fill with water, hook next section, lower it, next & so on. By the time I'm to the last section to go in the skimmer, the hoses are all full of water & I just plug 'er in & go.
    12,900 Gal. 24' X 48" ABG Vinyl Round (17th Birthday)
    1HP Hayward Pump w/S180T Hayward Sand Filter
    AquaTrol RJ SWCG 2011 startup
    TFP Method since '09, TF100
    50ppm Borates, June '12