Pool Light Doesn't Fit

Jul 9, 2010
Woodway, TX
While attempting to replace my pool light I have run across something weird. My 20 x 36 pool has a small or spa sized pool light 5 1/2". My niche doesn't fit ANY lights. I have found one that lines up perfectly but the there are two, yes two bottom wall hooks. When I try to put the light in, the bottom most wall hook keeps the light from going in. Now from the way it looks if I could just cut off the bottom wall hook I would be in business. Obviously I dont want to throw $275 bucks away so I am a little reluctant to do it. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? This is a Sta-Rite LTC 250 Watt 120 volt light. Its for spas or small pools. I can provide pictures if anyone thinks this would help them figure this out.

Well after some measuring I fixed it. I just took the clamp off the new one and put the old facing on the new light since its still in great shape. The pain of it was the new clamp had a hex key allen wrench screw and the nut just kept turning even when I had vise grips on it. I took rockwell sonicrafter to it and cut the screw in the half. So I ended using the old facing and the old clamp screw and nut and it fit perfectly. Now time to figure out what electrician I need to shoot who in all honesty has NO BUSINESS being an electrician. I doubt it was the guy we bought the house from because obviously didn't fix anything else in the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.