Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Noisy fan motor

1. Back To Top    #1

Noisy fan motor

I have an Aqua Pro 600 heat pump heater on my pool and today the fan motor has started to squeal, it stops the noise when i give it a quick spray with WD40, is there any place to lubricate it? the shaft has some rust on it. I was thinking of taking it apart this weekend.
    15ft round above ground pool (6600 gallons)
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Noisy fan motor

You will probably be replacing that motor very soon, unless you feel comfortable replacing the bearings. When it squeals it rarely heals, in the motor world... it means that very likely the bearings are shot.

If you are handy you can replace the motor yourself. sourcing it will be the trick, as alot o HVAC supply shops wont sell to anyone but a licensed technician.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

3. Back To Top    #3

I was afraid of that! looks like ill be calling my HVAC guy
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

4. Back To Top    #4

He told me it most likely needed lubricating so i soaked the top seal around the shaft in oil, that was 3 days ago, and the noise has not come back.
    I also hosed out the grids around it in case there was not enough airflow and the motor was overheating.
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

5. Back To Top    #5

Good deal. Glad to be wrong about that!
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here