Polaris Vac Sweep 280 Question

I am looking at purchasing the Polaris Vac Sweep 280 for my inground gunite pool. It indicates it needs a booster pump. When I had my pool built I had a independent suction line put in to hook up a Vac. Will this qualify as a booster pump? In order to turn on the suction line, there is a lever that stops the skimmer and diverts it to the suction line.

Any reviews about the Polaris Vac Sweep 280?

The polaris 280 is a pressure side cleaner, which runs off a booster pump. The suction like you describe was actually made for a different type of cleaner - a suction side cleaner. So in short, no you cannot use your suction line to run the 280. You can either get a 280 and booster pump, or get a suction side cleaner that runs off your current plumbing.

As for reviews, the 280 is a very popular cleaner. Finding reviews should not be difficult, either on this forum or google.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.