May 4, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie and wanted to say hey. I have spent countless hours reading on this forum and I absolutely love it.

I have an in ground pool of around 15k gallons. It is kidney shaped and I can't get an exact number. The pool was very nasty when I started. It had millions of tadpoles and the water was very dirty. I worked on it for ten days and got it pretty clean, but then I had to go out of town and I hired a pool man and when I returned three weeks later the pool was back to dark green. Not sure what happened, but the filter pump was dumping water from a broken fitting. I let the pool man go and started over. Thanks to this forum the pool is almost clean. I ordered the recommended test kit and I can't wait for its arrival. I took a water sample to the local pool store today and they said everything looked good. They did recommend a little muriatic acid. I also added a little clarifier to see if i can get rid of some of the cloudiness.

I will post test results and photos as soon as I get my test kit.

No questions for now, just a big THANKS for all the information contained on the forum.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

As soon as your test kit arrives, I encourage you to post your results here. A pool store's version of 'good levels' is not always on point. We will happily help you clear up your pool and keep it that way! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.