Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP Addict

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Addict

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie and wanted to say hey. I have spent countless hours reading on this forum and I absolutely love it.

I have an in ground pool of around 15k gallons. It is kidney shaped and I can't get an exact number. The pool was very nasty when I started. It had millions of tadpoles and the water was very dirty. I worked on it for ten days and got it pretty clean, but then I had to go out of town and I hired a pool man and when I returned three weeks later the pool was back to dark green. Not sure what happened, but the filter pump was dumping water from a broken fitting. I let the pool man go and started over. Thanks to this forum the pool is almost clean. I ordered the recommended test kit and I can't wait for its arrival. I took a water sample to the local pool store today and they said everything looked good. They did recommend a little muriatic acid. I also added a little clarifier to see if i can get rid of some of the cloudiness.

I will post test results and photos as soon as I get my test kit.

No questions for now, just a big THANKS for all the information contained on the forum.
    Many Thanks,
    Russ Stevenson
    10k in ground plaster
    Build date around 1980
    1.0 HP pump, Baker Hydropak Skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: TFP Addict

Welcome to TFP.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Phoenix, AZ

Re: TFP Addict

Welcome to TFP!

As soon as your test kit arrives, I encourage you to post your results here. A pool store's version of 'good levels' is not always on point. We will happily help you clear up your pool and keep it that way!