Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CompuPool?

1. Back To Top    #1

CompuPool?

I've done more reading, it appears the CompuPool is a respected reliable unit.

http://www.backyardpoolsuperstore.com/C ... _3718.html

Price isn't bad as well. However it's for an above ground pool up to 20,000 gal. Any reason it wouldn't work just fine on an IG of 11,000 gal?

Would this one be a better choice-

http://www.backyardpoolsuperstore.com/C ... _3715.html

I assume it should be able to run on a lower setting making the cell last longer?

Assuming a properly balanced pool and a 6 month season, how long can one expect the cell to last? Would the cell need cleaned more than at the start of each season?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CompuPool?

CompuPool makes them for inground as well.
    If you look at their SKU numbers the ones for above ground end in AG, which I believe is only the CPSC16AG.

Many people here have them on their inground pools. I for one have the CPSC36, Bobodaclown has the CPSC48.

You just want to oversize it for your pool so it doesn't have to work as hard and you can usually get a longer lifespan out of the cell.
    http://www.compupoolproducts.com/pro..._cleaning.html
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I've got the CPSC48 on a 17K pool. The CPSC series dose reversing polarity (self-cleaning) have run my unit approx. a year and haven't had to remove to clean it. Cell looks good. I run a slightly negative CSI.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, the larger unit is a better deal in the long run. The cell will last about 1.5 times as long as the smaller unit, but the price difference is no where near that much, so you save money.

You don't generally want to go larger than about three times the size of your pool, so the second one you listed is just about perfect.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. Noticed the warranty is 3 years. Is that for the cell too?

Assuming the water is balanced how long can one expect the cell to typically last for?

6. Back To Top    #6

The cell warranty is often prorated, but I'm not sure with the CompuPool.

A SWG cell typically lasts three to five years, though you can expect to go longer that that if your get the oversized unit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Sweet. Thanks

8. Back To Top    #8

The compupool manual states "The life of the electrolytic cell is 12,500 hours, under normal use conditions."
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks, that's close to 3 years worth of run time for his pool, hopefully with it set lower since oversized it will run even longer.