We've read as much as we can about mold removal & conversion to chlorine, but need specific help please. We just opened pool this Tues (6/5) & was clear until about hour after filter was running & then greenish deposits in pool bottom & white tissue floater - realize it's white mold/pink fungus, etc.
Went to pool store & gave us Bac CDX 4 bags to "shock" pool - also told to brush down all areas (which we did & added the CDX), then vacuum to waste & run filter til clear (the water is fairly clear right now). Then told to come back for "clarifier" and then could convert to chlorine. Is this correct?
We're ready to vacuum to waste & run filter again. Over 10 yrs without a problem & now this mess. We've been meticulous about upkeep, but guess it got into filter anyway - also let garden hose run clean before adding water. Please, if anyone could guide us through the steps. Thanks in advance.