I am going through my first shocking process. It began 3 days ago (2 overnights). In my first overnight FC test, I was up to shock level before bed. The next AM, I had lost 18ppm; Last night I lost 7.5 ppm. Meanwhile, I have been spending quite a bit of money on bleach and my trash can is full of empty bleach jugs. I'm just wondering how long this could go on before I can get into maintenance mode maintaining a much lower FC. Any guidance would be helpful. I'm still new to the forum and pool ownership. Thank you.