2 or 3 colorlogic/intellibright lights in 20X40 pool?

cword

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 26, 2008
Hi there. My pool is to be dug on Friday. It is a 20X40 freeform. Kind of a oval with soft curves type of thing. I am going to go with a darker bottom for a more natural or lagoon look; either a grey plaster, or a darker pebble tec plaster. Should I go with 2 or 3 lights in the pool (and 1 in spa)? I don't mind putting in the third if it will be better as you can get these farily cheap now (less than $250 each on line) However don't want to waste money if 3 is over kill? Have not decided yet whether to go with colorlogic or the intellibright, but I have the niches and I understand the same niches fit either. Hope that is right! All my other stuff is pentair so maybe I should go with the intellibright. But it is easier to find the colorlogics at a good price. Thanks in advance for any help.

My pool is a 22 x 34 custom built. Although I went with white plaster, I would suggest at least 3 lights in the pool with the darker finish you plan to use. Obviously the darker finish will tend to absorb the light and not reflect it. Therefore, another one(3 lights + 1 spa) would help to insure coverage. Here is a shot of mine at night with 2 Color Logics in the Pool and one in the Spa. Good luck.

06101903.jpg

Re: do you have?

cword said:
a deep end in your pool? Is that a swim out in the pic that has the 2 different levels? Thanks

Yes, that is a deep end. I have 2 love benches in the pool. The one on the left has an additional step added to make it a little easier to get out of the pool. Works great for the older folks and my lab. Good luck with your decisions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.