I'm having some relatives stop by for the weekend from California and I've been paying particular attention to the pool as that is the focal point of the entire house.
All my levels are pretty good. My CYA is a little high at about 65 to 70 so I'm keeping the chlorine at around 5 ppm.
TA, PH and all the other stuff looks pretty good except the CH is around 460 or so.
My water is clear but not sparkling. When I turn on the light at night there is a "glow". If the pump hasn't been running, you can see a faint white glow around the light. If the pump is running, I can see very, VERY small particles that make up what reflect from the light.
The pool is 10 feet deep and I can see the drain fairly clearly but again, the water isn't perfectly clear.
I have a sand filter so I'm assuming it just can't get those smaller particles but I'm no expert.
The pool is a 24K plaster pool. I'm in Mesa Arizona (Phoenix area) and it's been in the 100's lately. With all that said, to keep my chlorine level above 4, I've been using a gallon of 10% daily. Is that about right for a pool my size?
My pool gets direct sunlight for about 14 hours a day. Not much shade around here.
All my tests are looking good except I'm using a lot more chlorine over the course of the day than I think I should. Is this normal because of the heat and sun exposure around here?