What is wrong with test strips?

Jun 5, 2012
I am new to this forum and I am very interested and like seeing the responses on other threads. There is good info here but I was just wondering why does everyone on this forum turn their heads to test strips and why are they inaccurate? I just purchased HTH 6 way test kit from Walmart but also have test strips. What is recommended to use? Thank you. :-D

Welcome to TFP Jeff. Yes, there is very good info here, as I also found out back in '09. My experience is this with test strips: I found them very hard to differentiate the different levels of color, plus, especially when it comes to problem solving with water balance issues, I have found them to be horribly inaccurate, much like many others experience with "Pool Store" water tests (I haven't ever taken mine to a Pool Store for testing). I saw the light when having my problems of turning a swamp, & ordered a TF100 test kit available through links on this site. It's the best bang for the buck, & you can be in confidence that your own testing will be the most reliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.