First time testing using BBB method

Mar 7, 2012
I have a TF-100 kit and ran my first test on our fresh pool (new liner, new pump, new filter...see sig). From
reading pool school I know that getting CYA in is most important and getting chlorine in there. I added
4.3lbs of cya according to the pool calculator (18ft x 33ftx 3.75ft (measure depth with tape measure).
I tested at 9pm eastern time and got the following:
FC 11
CC 0
TA 120
PH 7.2
CYA 25

I was surprised CYA was up already of course I didn't know how fast it gets in the water. The only other
thing I added last night was a gallon of 12.5% liquid chlorine. I was surprised the FC is at 11 and ran the test
twice. Anything jumping out at anyone? Otherwise, I'll skip the bleach tonight and retest tomorrow evening.

Thanks.......
D

Yep, with an FC of 11 you can definitely skip the bleach addition tonight. Continue regular testing of FC and keep an eye on pH and TA, especially with a new liner. Looks like you are doing all the right things :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.