Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time testing using BBB method

1. Back To Top    #1

First time testing using BBB method

I have a TF-100 kit and ran my first test on our fresh pool (new liner, new pump, new filter...see sig). From
    reading pool school I know that getting CYA in is most important and getting chlorine in there. I added
    4.3lbs of cya according to the pool calculator (18ft x 33ftx 3.75ft (measure depth with tape measure).
    I tested at 9pm eastern time and got the following:
    FC 11
    CC 0
    TA 120
    PH 7.2
    CYA 25

I was surprised CYA was up already of course I didn't know how fast it gets in the water. The only other
    thing I added last night was a gallon of 12.5% liquid chlorine. I was surprised the FC is at 11 and ran the test
    twice. Anything jumping out at anyone? Otherwise, I'll skip the bleach tonight and retest tomorrow evening.

18'x33'52" Oval
    1hp 2 speed Optiflo Pump
    TA60D #325 ClearPro Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: First time testing using BBB method

Looking good.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: First time testing using BBB method

Yep, with an FC of 11 you can definitely skip the bleach addition tonight. Continue regular testing of FC and keep an eye on pH and TA, especially with a new liner. Looks like you are doing all the right things
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.