Pressure loss and fluctuation

Dec 15, 2009
Hello all, have an issue with my pool pump that just started this afternoon and I cannot figure out for the life of me. The pump was running just fine this afternoon when I noticed that the water stoppped flowing and the pump was making a noise as if it was trying to prime. I went to check on it and thats exactly what was happening- the pump was trying to prime. It would start running again, maybe to 90% or so capacity for a matter of 5 or 10 seconds, then the pressure would drop to zero and the process starts all over again. it kicks out a lot of air bubbles as it starts to run again, not sure where that is getting in to the system. Any thoughts on what to check here? Appreciate any help!

unfortunately the water level isn't the issue, as it is high enough and there is plenty of water in the skimmers. After tinkering around with it last night it now runs at approx 80%, keeps the pressure up with a little fluctuation, but still clearly has air in the line that is preventing the full prime as it still kicks out some air bubbles. Not sure what I did to improve it or what i can do from here other than call a company to come take a look at it. This one is beyond my abilities.

Thanks Richard, I did some more checking there but still no luck. I'll keep trying today but scheduled a repairman to come by tomorrow AM to take a look. Would try for a bit longer but have a party planned for my brothers 40th bday this coming Saturday so want to fix ASAP. Funny how any pool issues always coincide with having folks over to swim!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.