Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dirt on the bottom of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Dirt on the bottom of pool

Hi All,
    Just got a intex 15x48 metal frame pool for my daughter. I'm using the 1000 gph pump that came with it and also got a intex saltwater system. I can sweep the pool until it is clean and put the cover on it. The next day I look in the pool and dirt on the bottom of the pool. I just don't get it The pump kicks on and runs 6hrs every night and the saltwater system runs for 4hrs. There's not anything floating on the top when I put the cover on it or nothing on the bottom. But every morning the same thing.....Dirt.
    Intex Metal frame pool..15x48..5000 gal
    Paper filter Cart..With 1000 gal per hour pump
    Above Ground Pool...Vinyl
    Intex Salt water system with copper ionizer .

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Dirt on the bottom of pool

Welcome to tfp, terrible ted

For us to be most helpful, please read this post: then post back with your test numbers and questions.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.