Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Almost new pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Almost new pool owner

Hi all, just bought new to me house with 16x32 inground vinyl pool,the problem is that my possession date is not until July , and I'm already chomping at the bit. At least it will be hot when I get it.Anyways My name is Burke and I live just outside Vancouver B.C. Looks like I found the right site to learn all about the new pool. So Hello , Thank You , and I hope the next three months go by really fast,lol.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to our corner of the 'net. While you are waiting to take possession you should spend some time reading The Stickies.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waaay NW MN

I would not be able to stand it, I would be making sure they care for it properly right up until the day I move in.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina
    Hi Burke and welcome to TFP.

Taking possession in swim season. Exciting!

How are you going to unload the truck while you are in the pool?

We're glad to have you.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Welcome to TFP! You should be well equipped by July, with all the knowledge you will ever need to have a Trouble-Free Pool!!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!