Questions about weekly pool service

bdjou

Apr 19, 2010
How does a weekly pool service maintain chlorine levels for the entire week? I have a pool guy servicing my rental and he shows up once a week. I'm doing my own pool and I'm adding chlorine every day. I believe my pool guy is just adding liquid chlorine since I don't see any tabs or floating dispensers. My rental pool water seems to look fine. I'm just curious what happens when it starts getting warmer and the rental pool is used daily.

Not sure, but my guess if they are using LC, they are bringing it up quite high...and they also probably have a higher cya level to reduce the loss to sun over that many days. They may also be using an algaecide to attempt to prevent algae when the FC level gets too low.

There are three ways to do it. By far the most common is for there to be a tablet dispenser or SWG. The second option is to use exceptionally high CYA levels, which require special equipment, but allow chlorine to last a week. The third approach is to assume the owner is manually adding chlorine while the pool service is away.

He is probably using powdered shock product and raising the chlorine really high and letting it drop down over the week. Get a full set of test results on the water from the rental and we can take an educated guess at what he has been putting in the pool.

zea3 said:
He is probably using powdered shock product and raising the chlorine really high and letting it drop down over the week. Get a full set of test results on the water from the rental and we can take an educated guess at what he has been putting in the pool.

This was what the (no longer) service was doing to my pool last year. Before i got the real test kit, i would notice after their friday treatment a higher level than i could test. By the hottest time of the summer I would notice very low by mid week.

Needless to say its now under my watch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.