MY bacon turtles!

PSW

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I know there is another thread about these, but I wanted to share my experience making them!

1) weave bacon (the thicker the bacon, the easier this is)
7160878231_a991fde380.jpg

2) add the first burger patty
7346087262_0dbb87e541.jpg

3) add cheese and prepare the second patty (I used sharp cheddar and pepper jack and it was AMAZING)
7160878309_8eff28f32d.jpg

4) add second patty and more cheese
7346087356_775c86e3ec.jpg

5) fold bacon-weave over patties (and turn over)
7346087386_94034b15b7.jpg

6) add 'legs, head, and tail' (I used spicy sausage, but this can also be done with hot dogs)
7346087420_69ca9053d5.jpg

7) use toothpicks to hold sausages in place. carefully place on grill (don't make fun of my tiny webber! :oops: )
7346087490_18eaf0467a.jpg

8) wait! (these take a LONG time to cook all the way through!)
7346087682_6d99c1f4a6.jpg

9) get ready to eat! (I lost the tail trying to plate it, but my pup sure enjoyed it. The legs got pretty charred, hoping to fix that next time)
7160878685_8e5fafa249.jpg

10) enjoy! (don't forget to stock up on heartburn meds!)
7346086952_6361ccc253.jpg

Your killing me here, I missed lunch today :rant:

I have got to try that :-D

By the way, I love the weber...best simple affordable grill you can buy, and it makes as good of grill food as any grill out there (and better then most)...I have 3.

Ha! I made these also last night for my kids (last day of school) they were a hit the kids loved them. My son especially (he supper picky and doesn't like anything) I thought they were very good also but worried about the feeling of an artery clogging up as I ate them. However, very Delicious :goodjob:

When I do it again, I plan to trim the bacon just a little before folding it over the patties. I ended up with a LOT of bacon on the bottom this time (and the inner layers did not cook as much as I would have liked). Also, I used the extra bacon (which I had a LOT of) to make bacon-wrapped asparagus. Wish I had pics of this, but that will have to wait until next time too! :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
duraleigh said:
Webers will always be the KING of outdoor cooking at my place....and, despite their inconvenience, the charcoal ones are the VERY best.
What makes them inconvenient? The fact that most grilled food tastes much better using them?

As to getting the fire ready, I use a chimney and can be cooking in 15 minutes. I also use real hardwood lump charcoal (much purer) as my main fuel source and not formed charcoal briquettes for cooking, which means no binders, fines, etc.

jhalpinjr said:
I make these with ground Turkey - Keeps one of my arteries open in case I need a Bypass......LOL
No seriously they taste good with Turkey
That actually sounds awesome! I think I would stuff them with blue cheese! :cheers: I used to work at a golf club and their turkey-bacon-blu burger was one of my favorite sandwiches!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.