Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MY bacon turtles!

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

MY bacon turtles!

I know there is another thread about these, but I wanted to share my experience making them!

1) weave bacon (the thicker the bacon, the easier this is)

2) add the first burger patty

3) add cheese and prepare the second patty (I used sharp cheddar and pepper jack and it was AMAZING)

4) add second patty and more cheese

5) fold bacon-weave over patties (and turn over)

6) add 'legs, head, and tail' (I used spicy sausage, but this can also be done with hot dogs)

7) use toothpicks to hold sausages in place. carefully place on grill (don't make fun of my tiny webber! )

8) wait! (these take a LONG time to cook all the way through!)

9) get ready to eat! (I lost the tail trying to plate it, but my pup sure enjoyed it. The legs got pretty charred, hoping to fix that next time)

10) enjoy! (don't forget to stock up on heartburn meds!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: MY bacon turtles!

Your killing me here, I missed lunch today

I have got to try that

By the way, I love the weber...best simple affordable grill you can buy, and it makes as good of grill food as any grill out there (and better then most)...I have 3.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

bro I didn't get the invite

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm having chest pains.
    12' round above ground pool. 3,500 gal. Vinyl liner. Waterway Supreme Hi-Flo 48 frame pump. 1.5 hp. SWG. Sand filter with Zeobrite.

Thanks, members of Trouble Free Pool, for being so friendly and informative!

5. Back To Top    #5

I can feel my arteries clogging up! Lol Looks yummy tho. Will have to try this one day.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

6. Back To Top    #6

Ha! I made these also last night for my kids (last day of school) they were a hit the kids loved them. My son especially (he supper picky and doesn't like anything) I thought they were very good also but worried about the feeling of an artery clogging up as I ate them. However, very Delicious
    POOL SIZE: 27 FT round 52" Deep on edges 66" Deep in center
    FILTER TYPE: Hayward Sand Filter
    PUMP SIZE: Hayward 1 HP Pump 60GPM
    FILTER SIZE/FLOW RATE: Unknown
    HEATER: None at the moment but in process of making my solar panels should be operational by next season!

7. Back To Top    #7

That looks delicious! I'm assuming each serving has at least 3 days worth of Weight Watchers points, all the good stuff does. LOL
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

When I do it again, I plan to trim the bacon just a little before folding it over the patties. I ended up with a LOT of bacon on the bottom this time (and the inner layers did not cook as much as I would have liked). Also, I used the extra bacon (which I had a LOT of) to make bacon-wrapped asparagus. Wish I had pics of this, but that will have to wait until next time too!

9. Back To Top    #9

Yum! All I need now is a cold one.
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

10. Back To Top    #10

Those are SO going on my try list for this summer!!
    AG, 10,400 gallons, filter cartridge, 2HP pump
    Coffeegoddss...bonafide thread killer!
    POOL SCHOOL...fortheloveofgawd, read POOL SCHOOL

11. Back To Top    #11

(_8^(|)
    Mmmmmm,,,Bacon turtles

Must try this
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

12. Back To Top    #12

Hah! Awesome ASCII Homer!
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Webers will always be the KING of outdoor cooking at my place....and, despite their inconvenience, the charcoal ones are the VERY best.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Webers will always be the KING of outdoor cooking at my place....and, despite their inconvenience, the charcoal ones are the VERY best.
    What makes them inconvenient? The fact that most grilled food tastes much better using them?

As to getting the fire ready, I use a chimney and can be cooking in 15 minutes. I also use real hardwood lump charcoal (much purer) as my main fuel source and not formed charcoal briquettes for cooking, which means no binders, fines, etc.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

15. Back To Top    #15

I make these with ground Turkey - Keeps one of my arteries open in case I need a Bypass......LOL

No seriously they taste good with Turkey
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by jhalpinjr
    I make these with ground Turkey - Keeps one of my arteries open in case I need a Bypass......LOL
    No seriously they taste good with Turkey
    That actually sounds awesome! I think I would stuff them with blue cheese! I used to work at a golf club and their turkey-bacon-blu burger was one of my favorite sandwiches!

17. Back To Top    #17

I've been looking for something fun to cook on my new Acorn grill. This will be it!
    IG Vinyl, 18,000 Gal, Jandy Stealth 1.5hp, Jandy CL480 Filter, Goldline P4 controls, Goldline T-Cell-15 Salt, Polaris 9300 robot. Pool installed in June of 2012.
    Yep, I'm a newbie.

18. Back To Top    #18

We made them a while back too. They never turn out quite like the photos, but they were good!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/½ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

19. Back To Top    #19

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Big_kid
    They never turn out quite like the photos, but they were good!
    Mine turned out JUST like the photos (the pics were taken by me )

20. Back To Top    #20

Yumz!
    Central California-27,000 gallon in ground concrete pool-Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge Filter-Polaris Pool Sweep