Is this a mistake?

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
My cya was 45. I have a salt water gen. So today I put enough cya to raise it to 70. Since I am still shocking, now I need to use higher doses of chlorine,correct? In retrospect I should have waited til I was done shock pool.

In retrospect I should have waited til I was done shock pool.
That is correct but it's not a deal breaker...just go to the FC/CYA chart or the pool calculator and use the appropriate dosage.

That you figured that out indicates you are rapidly becoming a BBB'r :lol:

I did learn so much from u guys/girls. It's the only way to crystal clear water. What's funny is watching the look on my nosy neighbors face when I dump bleach in the pool. I would explain this system to him but he is so closed minded it would fall on deaf ears.

You will find that many don't understand that standard bleach is the same thing most use in their pools to keep them clear, it's just in a diluted and less expensive form. Even when you show them the active ingredient is the same you will often get the same disbelief.

Enjoy your clear and sparkling pool water... And let your neighbor wonder about it ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.