Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this a mistake?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this a mistake?

My cya was 45. I have a salt water gen. So today I put enough cya to raise it to 70. Since I am still shocking, now I need to use higher doses of chlorine,correct? In retrospect I should have waited til I was done shock pool.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this a mistake?

You probably would have been better off waiting. Did you put it in the skimmer or in a sock?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

In retrospect I should have waited til I was done shock pool.
    That is correct but it's not a deal breaker...just go to the FC/CYA chart or the pool calculator and use the appropriate dosage.

That you figured that out indicates you are rapidly becoming a BBB'r
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I still have about 2 lbs. in a sock. Should I take it out for now? Can I use it later?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ethany
    I still have about 2 lbs. in a sock. Should I take it out for now? Can I use it later?
    Yes you can use it later. Just put the sock in a bucket someplace.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

I did learn so much from u guys/girls. It's the only way to crystal clear water. What's funny is watching the look on my nosy neighbors face when I dump bleach in the pool. I would explain this system to him but he is so closed minded it would fall on deaf ears.

7. Back To Top    #7

Your sparkly pool will do the 'splainin for you. :~}
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

8. Back To Top    #8

You will find that many don't understand that standard bleach is the same thing most use in their pools to keep them clear, it's just in a diluted and less expensive form. Even when you show them the active ingredient is the same you will often get the same disbelief.

Enjoy your clear and sparkling pool water... And let your neighbor wonder about it
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits