Another green swamp for you guys

Day 8. Looking good. I've got two parts of the OCLT down. I'm still losing some FC overnight, but it is getting better. Lost 3 last night.

0df6f7cb.jpg

3 ppm seems like a lot to be losing for how good the pool looks.

Might be worth checking the cavity behind your light, or other places like that for hidden algae.

Bah! I forgot about the lights. I'll try to get to them tonight when I get off work. The deep end might be a chore to do :lol:

Will do on the photo splice, Richard.

The wife can't believe how this has turned around so quickly. We had a couple of friends recommending we drain, clean and refill. Glad I didn't listen to them!

You could turn the pump off overnight for the OCLT. Just turn it back on in the morning about 30 minutes before you pull your sample for testing so that the water gets thoroughly mixed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WooHoo! Passed the OCLT this morning!

:party: :whoot: :hammer: :thequeen: :cheers: :party:

Haven't been really trying for the past few days. Just test in the morning before heading to work and bring it to shock. Well, I lost .5 FC, I have 0 CC and my water has been crystal clear for a while. Still have to figure out exactly why my CYA doesn't show, but I'm one happy camper.

I owe it all to you guys (and gals) and this site. I'm so glad I didn't take the drain and refill advise I continually received when I first took my cover off.

Thank you! I think I'll go for a swim!

I went around scrubbing everything I could see that might have looked suspect. I guess it just took some time.
Even though I don't want to, I think I'm going to have to disassemble the waterfall to get everything out of it.
I'm going to test again tonight just to make sure it's right

Thanks for that techguy. That is cool. Would have looked much cooler if all of my pics were taken from the same perspective and at the same time of day. :lol:

I absolutely love this pool. I am so glad I took the time to get it up and running. While I'm working in the heat during the day, I so look forward to getting home to take a dip. All of the stuff I had to put up with during the day disappears when I step in.

Again, I cannot thank you guys enough for the assistance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.