Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Amount of abscorbic acid to use

1. Back To Top    #1

Amount of abscorbic acid to use

What's the recommended amount of abscorbic acid to use in a 21,000 vinyl liner pool. I used 1.5 lbs and it seems it did everything except the deep end. I'm thinking about doing it again before getting chlorine levels up again and at the same time thinking I may just put off till august. Frustrating because I was ready to start getting everything in check again. Any opinions out there?
    Dazed and Confused in new jersey. 21,000 gallon vinyl liner, inground pool, sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Amount of abscorbic acid to use

It varies widely. Keep adding more until things look right. Or as the directions say "If the stain is not all gone, leave the filter in circulate and add more ascorbic acid close to where you still see stain. Leave it in circulate until all of the stain is gone. (add more ascorbic acid if it circulates for 1/2 hour and there is still stain)."
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Amount of abscorbic acid to use

Would it hurt pool if I postpone til August to do, other than make the deep end not as pretty as the shallow end?
    Dazed and Confused in new jersey. 21,000 gallon vinyl liner, inground pool, sand filter.