Steak Fajitas

Now this is my kind of off-topic forum, outdoor food!

Here's my contribution, which I admit, I got from Alton Brown on the Food Network website....

1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
4 scallions, washed and cut in 1/2
2 large cloves garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar or Mexican brown sugar

Marinate steak in this concoction (also good with chicken or any meat you are going to eat as a fajita.) Grill medium rare and slice it up for fajitas. Excellent flavor.

I have home grown beef, so I use the sirloins for this. Sirloin is the worst cut I have as everything below would be ground into hamburger. Ribeyes, porterhouse, and delmonicos are eaten as is and my wife isn't allowed to touch anything labeled as these.

Got me a smoker for my birthday in April this year. Smoked a chicken and some ribs thus far (3-2-1 St. Louis, but messed them up, little tough.) Haven't had time to smoke much else. Wifey wanted chickens and got 6 chicks this year. At least 3 of them are roosters so I'm trying to keep the smoker out of their view. Don't want them to see their fate, LOL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.