Please Please Please Answer This For Me!!!

Bowlin

May 4, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
I am not anything near an electrician, but I think I am getting pool shocked. I was messing around the pump basket and what seemed to me and at the time only me got shocked. I thought it was the chlorine hitting an open spot on finger so I left it alone. Then the wife went out the other day to swim and she said when she touched the ladder she felt the same thing. What can cause this or whom should I call to check it out???

Bowlin said:
Actually there is a wire near the pump.

It is 100% for certain a bonding issue. In addition you have some kind of electrical issue that results in current flowing in the ground around your pool. The electrical issue may be due to a power company issue, a problem with a neighbor's electrical service or your own. Regardless of the source, you wouldn't feel it if your pool was bonded properly.

Most often the bonding problem is a result of failure to connect the concrete deck to the bond wire, which is unfortunately a very difficult thing to correct after construction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.