Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain

Hello everyone. My pool is doing well thanks to everyone on the forum. It has rain for 2 days in ny and I have tested the h2o and I notice a spike in the FC and the ph I thought adding more water from the rain will lower the levels
    26x46 Inground Pool SWG 36,000 gallons vinyl liner with 12' cement walls. cement steps, vamiculite bottom through out pool.Bio guard SWG ms-10 system, Mini max NT Gas Heater,Pentair Cartridge Filter CCP4200, pentair whisper Flo Pump 2/.33 hp.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Rain

If you saw a spike in FC, you have a testing error. Rain contains no FC.

It will also have minimal affect on your pH simply run the pump and blend the water and take a pH reading after the rain stops to double check.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rain

I am running my pump for 12 hrs on low. When we use the pool we run it on high. U think with the amount and size of the pool running it on low is sufficient amount of time
    26x46 Inground Pool SWG 36,000 gallons vinyl liner with 12' cement walls. cement steps, vamiculite bottom through out pool.Bio guard SWG ms-10 system, Mini max NT Gas Heater,Pentair Cartridge Filter CCP4200, pentair whisper Flo Pump 2/.33 hp.