Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New build in South Louisiana.

1. Back To Top    #1

New build in South Louisiana.

Started our pool build on Monday with the digging and Tuesday was rebar. So far we have made good progress. Today they should be doing the gunite. Pool will be 16'x 24', 3-1/2' in shallow x 6' in deep. Pool will have (1) 1hp Pentair whisperflo pump and motor, (1) 520 aq ft cartridge filter, (1) Pentair surface skimmer, (1) 500W pool light, (3) surface returns, (1) hydrostatic relief valve, (4) deck jets, & (2) bubblers. PB said 4 weeks in and out. Here are some pics from our build so far.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New build in South Louisiana.

Welcome to the forum. That's an amazingly clean dig. What a skilled operator! Whay equipment did he use?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Welcome to the forum. That's an amazingly clean dig. What a skilled operator! Whay equipment did he use?

Thanks. The PB used a mini excavator.

4. Back To Top    #4

I love the "courtyard" location of the pool in relation to the house. That's going to be an awesome outdoor area.
    16 x 32 IG Vinyl Pool. Free-form kidney with swim out beach area. Jandy Filter/Pump/Heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by reesedj
    I love the "courtyard" location of the pool in relation to the house. That's going to be an awesome outdoor area.

Yes, I love it myself. The house and pool should finish at the same time. Can't wait to move in and relax in my pool in the hot Louisiana weather.

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow! Love the house, love the style, love the pool location!! I can't wait to see this finished. Congrats!
    Offer accepted on short-sale... let's see how long this process takes, I want to swim!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by solincia
    Wow! Love the house, love the style, love the pool location!! I can't wait to see this finished. Congrats!
    Here are some pics of the house:

Front porch:

Back porch:

My mancave:

Kitchen:

Living room:

Hope you guys like it so far. I know Im ready to see the finish product.

8. Back To Top    #8

That's beautiful! I love the wood on the ceiling and the beams! Your font door is just amazing! I'm in the process of trying to purchase a short-sale with an inground pool, it's also a brick ranch with an upstairs (so a steep roof line just like yours.) Same color brick and same color roof. Funny, maybe that's why I love it You're home is an inspiration!
    Offer accepted on short-sale... let's see how long this process takes, I want to swim!!!

9. Back To Top    #9

Congrats neighbor, so what part of south Louisiana are you in?
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1
    Congrats neighbor, so what part of south Louisiana are you in?
    White Castle, located in Iberville Parish.

11. Back To Top    #11

Well my build has come to a crawl. We've been getting rain pretty much every evening. PB is trying his best to get the decking poured. Here are some pics of our progress.

12. Back To Top    #12

Lookin' good neighbor! I'm over in Lafayette!

Jim
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

13. Back To Top    #13

Any updates?

14. Back To Top    #14

They are plastering today, start filling pool up tonight. PB says we will be swimming by Weds for the 4th of July. Can't wait. But I sure coulda used the pool this weekend. We've been moving all weekend and I was wore out and kept looking towards the pool hoping that it would have water. I will post pic's tomorrow.

15. Back To Top    #15

Awesome! Congrats on finally being able to move it! Can't wait to see the pics of everything finished!

16. Back To Top    #16

Well plaster is complete. PB started filling pool, says would should be able to swim tomorrow for the 4th. Here are a few pics that my wife sent me from her iphone, there not the best. But I will take some more pics of the finish product and post them.

17. Back To Top    #17

Looks great? What finish is that?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5