Over $200 and counting

ethany said:
One last thing,my wife is getting impatient so she is starting to listen to friends at work. They told her that they had a hard time with algae so they shut off the pump for a few hours,let everything settle,vacuum and now water is crystal clear.

So now she wants me to turn the pump off. LOL!!
well,then you want have to look at it..

ethany said:
One last thing,my wife is getting impatient so she is starting to listen to friends at work. They told her that they had a hard time with algae so they shut off the pump for a few hours,let everything settle,vacuum and now water is crystal clear.

So now she wants me to turn the pump off. LOL!!

That's actually a good method for pollen.

Dan

Lost 10 ppm in 5 hrs.

From 7am this morning til 12 noon I went from 24 ppm to 14 ppm of FC. My cya is 50. Been at shock level for 2 weeks. Why do you think it's taking so long? I am adding bleach 3-4 times a day.

Re: Lost 10 ppm in 5 hrs.

cloudy, I can see bottom in low end, the robotic cleaner disappears as it goes in the deep end. I'm getting a little worried now because we are having a party sat.

Ph is 7.5, TA is 90,all the numbers look good except the fc is getting eaten up.The odd thing is between last night around 9pm and 7am this morning I didn't lose any fc. I realize durning the day in the sun you do lose some but I am just surprised I am still shocking.

If you didn't lose anything overnight, the only explanation I can think of is UV light. That doesn't make sense with 50ppm CYA though. Are you filtering 24/7? Where are you located?

Yes its been 24/7 since I opened pool 2 weeks ago. I average about 3-5, 182oz. bottles of bleach a day. I checked my cya numerous times to make sure it was correct. It is anywhere between 45-50.

Is it possible my filter medium is not doing its job? My pressure gage reads around 20 which seems normal for my sand filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

No loss overnight would indicate your algae is done for.

Just to verify, you are seeing no hint of the black dot with the water at the 50ppm mark in your tube when testing CYA?

I'd be inclined to open the filter and check that you still have all of your media. You have a large pump, you could possibly be blowing dirt through the media or losing media out the waste line during backwash.

Yes I am about as sure as you can get when you do the test. It can be so subjective.

I never taken a sand filter apart. The installer took care of it around 4 years ago. I assume you drain it,disconnect plumbing. How do you know if enough media is in the filter? How would you know if it needs to be replaced?

Well I panicked for no reason this year. I stay the coarse n the water looks awesome. Sometimes u think u will never get there but I am finally done shocking after 2 weeks and the water looks great.

Perfect timing for sat. party! Thanks for all your help n support!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.