Need to buy a filter

May 17, 2012
Dunn, NC
My husband and I are STILL in the process of buying our equipment needed for our new pool and I need someone to direct me to a cartridge filter to go with the pump I have chosen. Our pool is 10600 gallons and it is above ground. I am going with the Pentair Dynamo 3/4 HP 2 speed pump to get the most energy savings and just need to find a cartridge filter that will work with it.
I was all ready to order one from InYoPools.com last night that was 150 sq.ft. and the sales guy told me that the 3/4 HP pump was not strong enough to push water through that size filter. What??? The model I was looking at was the Sta-Rite Posi-Clear 150sq.ft. filter. He also told me it wouldn't work with that pump because something about the port on the pump was vertical and the intake on the filter was horizontal and you would have to use several elbows to plumb it which would also decrease the flow of water causing it not to be able to push the water through the filter.
Can someone just give me a name or two of a model of cartridge filter that you KNOW will work with my pump so I can get this thing purchased. I am leaning toward 150 sq. ft. due to finances, although I know a bigger filter would be better. I don't understand why he told me the pump wasn't strong enough. He just kept pointing me to their pump/filter combo systems which had bigger pumps with small filters.

They like to do that. They make more money if they sell you both and larger than you need. Simple as that.

That filter will be fine with that pump, and it's fine for your pool. Also don't worry about how many 90's it takes to get the pump discharge to connect to the filter inlet. it won't make enough difference to matter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.