Polaris 3900

jinjil

Mar 29, 2012
I just purchased a new Polaris 3900. After getting it home I noticed a lot of dust on the box and the unit was also a little dusty ,it was a sealed box. after opening it I noticed the tail sweep didn't have the newer tail sweep end. I called Polaris and asked them about that and they told me that the unit was manufacture in March of 2011.I has guess it has been sitting in a warehouse. The Polaris tech wasn't that much help. Have there been any updates to the 3900 since March of 2011? should I return and ask for a newer unit?

Yes, there have actually been quite a few changes to this cleaner since March 2011! If I were you, I would request the item to be changed for the latest model.

Changes include:
An 8-point mechanical upgrade
Removable head float
A chain guard has been added to ensure the drive chain is always aligned on the drive pulley
Improved single-side wheel design
Upgraded gearbox
New Tail Sweep

Thanks Blake, I went back today and I received a refund, I gave them the chance to get me the latest model but they didn't seem to want to do it. So, I just went to another dealer and got another one.

jinjil said:
Thanks Blake, I went back today and I received a refund, I gave them the chance to get me the latest model but they didn't seem to want to do it. So, I just went to another dealer and got another one.
:goodjob: good call :goodjob:
Another thing...there is a $200 rebate on the new cleaner. Make sure you cash that in!

Blake, my booster pump pulls from the return, is it normal for water to be always flowing thru the pump? Never notice that flow before until I put the Polaris fitting in the booster pump return and now when the cleaner is not running and the filter is running there is a little flow passing thru the cleaner. O, that $200 is going towards a salt system.

jinjil said:
Blake, my booster pump pulls from the return, is it normal for water to be always flowing thru the pump? Never notice that flow before until I put the Polaris fitting in the booster pump return and now when the cleaner is not running and the filter is running there is a little flow passing thru the cleaner.
Normally booster pumps are run from some part of your return line. Since there is no check-valve for the Polaris hose, it is completely normal for some water to flow through that line when the main pump is on.

Attachments

• booster pump2.png
    booster pump2.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 61
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.