Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 3900

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 3900

I just purchased a new Polaris 3900. After getting it home I noticed a lot of dust on the box and the unit was also a little dusty ,it was a sealed box. after opening it I noticed the tail sweep didn't have the newer tail sweep end. I called Polaris and asked them about that and they told me that the unit was manufacture in March of 2011.I has guess it has been sitting in a warehouse. The Polaris tech wasn't that much help. Have there been any updates to the 3900 since March of 2011? should I return and ask for a newer unit?
    John (DIYer). Concrete, approximately 13,000 gallon inground pool with adjoining concrete spa. Approximately 35 years old. Legacy Anthony Sta-Rite bronze pump CF6, VA-26 filter,(2 sets), new Rheem propane heater for spa.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Polaris 3900

Yes, there have actually been quite a few changes to this cleaner since March 2011! If I were you, I would request the item to be changed for the latest model.

Changes include:
    An 8-point mechanical upgrade
    Removable head float
    A chain guard has been added to ensure the drive chain is always aligned on the drive pulley
    Improved single-side wheel design
    Upgraded gearbox
    New Tail Sweep

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Blake, I went back today and I received a refund, I gave them the chance to get me the latest model but they didn't seem to want to do it. So, I just went to another dealer and got another one.
    John (DIYer). Concrete, approximately 13,000 gallon inground pool with adjoining concrete spa. Approximately 35 years old. Legacy Anthony Sta-Rite bronze pump CF6, VA-26 filter,(2 sets), new Rheem propane heater for spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by jinjil
    Thanks Blake, I went back today and I received a refund, I gave them the chance to get me the latest model but they didn't seem to want to do it. So, I just went to another dealer and got another one.
    good call
    Another thing...there is a $200 rebate on the new cleaner. Make sure you cash that in!

5. Back To Top    #5

Blake, my booster pump pulls from the return, is it normal for water to be always flowing thru the pump? Never notice that flow before until I put the Polaris fitting in the booster pump return and now when the cleaner is not running and the filter is running there is a little flow passing thru the cleaner. O, that $200 is going towards a salt system.

6. Back To Top    #6

That is normal Jinjil - my 280 trickles a bit of water through it when it is hooked up as well.

SF
    =====================================
    17K gallon IG freeform Pebble-Tec pool w/ raised spa/waterfall, Hayward 6020 DE filter, Tristar 1 HP circulation pump, Tristar 2.5 HP spa pump, Silencer 2hp blower, Aquarite SWG, Polaris 280 w/ booster pump, Hayward Universal H-Series 400K LPG heater, Ultrapure Ozonator 25, Aqualogic PS-8

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by jinjil
    Blake, my booster pump pulls from the return, is it normal for water to be always flowing thru the pump? Never notice that flow before until I put the Polaris fitting in the booster pump return and now when the cleaner is not running and the filter is running there is a little flow passing thru the cleaner.
    Normally booster pumps are run from some part of your return line. Since there is no check-valve for the Polaris hose, it is completely normal for some water to flow through that line when the main pump is on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks guys, appreciate it.