Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool slides

1. Back To Top    #1
    Gold Canyon, AZ

pool slides

I was thinking about putting in a pool slide for the kids. Problem is, the ones i have seen that seem any good (need water delivery because of heat) run from $500 and up... some way way way up.
    For me, this is not acceptable, it is a pool slide, it should not be the price of a car!

So I started checking out craiglist to see if i could find a good deal - no such luck, those are about the same price although you do find high end older slides cheaper then new of course.

I found a couple that have no ladder for reasonable prices - $150-$200. The questions I have are:
    How would I find the proper ladder?
    Where can I get a good slide cheap if old slide + new ladder = expensive?

1992 15X30 14000 Gal IG plaster, Pentair 011018 - Intelliflo VS Pump with Timer, 350 lb Sta-rite hrpb30 sand (yeah, the 32-bolt clamshell)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: pool slides

You also need the water to keep your skin from sticking to it and possibly flipping over the side ... trust me on this

There have been people who just use playground type slides, but they usually add a hose too.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: pool slides

[quote="jblizzle"]You also need the water to keep your skin from sticking to it and possibly flipping over the side ... trust me on this

LOL, I need my wife to read this. She is in a big hurry for me to get this slide up so she can go down it. I am glad I seen this so I can tell her to hold her horses!!! I can see her trying it right after I put it up with no water on it. I just got the deck done and all I here is how long till the slide is ready?? LOL