Over the summer of last year I used the BBB method but have been using the chlorine pucks over the winter because of work/school. We recently had a problem with yellow/green algae in our pool. The pool store told us to use the "No More Problems" and told us how much to add. Well my husband added some and the next day I added some not knowing he did too, by mistake. Lets just say, we messed up and added too much . This was 2.5 weeks ago and we are still having to shock our pool every 2-3 days to keep the chlorine level up. The water looks good, the algae is gone, but the water feels horrible, and makes our skin really dry. Here are our results.
CH 0 tested twice
Since we put the pool in last year, we have had a high CYA and with a really dry summer last year, added water often. We are on city water, but the town is really small and have lots of iron issues. Needless to say, when I add water I have to add metal out. I hope you all can help me get it back to normal.