Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Daily storage of Intex debris cover ??

1. Back To Top    #1

Daily storage of Intex debris cover ??

I'm a new member here, but I've used the forum pretty much every day since I purchased a pool a few weeks ago. Thanks for all the incredibly useful information! I've already recommended the site to three other new pool owners.

Here's my current dilemma - and I'm sorry if it's been posted elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find an answer:

Simply put, how should I store my debris cover while we're using the pool? I keep finding solutions for storing solar covers, but not the plain vinyl covers that come with the packaged deal. I just need to figure out what to do with the *%!$ thing while we're swimming so it's not sprawled out all over the lawn chairs or becoming a nice little haven for lovely things like springtails and beetles. Is there something specifically made for this? ..or do I need to make something myself, maybe along the lines of the Solar Saddle? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
    12K Gal rectangle IG PebbleSheen (w/shell and glass bead) Playpool * 8x7 Baha shelf (best decision ever) * Built 2013 * 3HP Pentalr Intelliflo VS pump * Pentair 420sf Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter * 3 Aqua Arch deck jets * Hayward Pool Vac XL automatic cleaner * TAYLOR K2006 * BBB FROM DAY ONE THANKS TO FINDING THIS SITE WHEN MY POOL WAS JUST A WISH! * Borated 7/2013 *

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Daily storage of Intex debris cover ??

Welcome to tfp, fitchers bird

Those covers are a pain. I do not have a great solution for you since I would just set mine on a bench for our fire pit. Your solar saddle idea sounds interesting, though I don't know how you would anchor it to the intex, but maybe a wall if you had it?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Rural Moloka'i, Hawai'i

Hi, fitchers bird. A cheap, easy and flexible solution for me was a resin patio storage box. I put it right next to the pool. Got it from Amazon for about 70 bucks with free shipping. It has the advantage of being movable, and it holds all the bits and pieces everything I don't want to blow away or clutter up the deck.
    12' round above ground pool. 3,500 gal. Vinyl liner. Waterway Supreme Hi-Flo 48 frame pump. 1.5 hp. SWG. Sand filter with Zeobrite.

Thanks, members of Trouble Free Pool, for being so friendly and informative!

4. Back To Top    #4

New Caney, Texas

There was a post recently where the poster used PVC strapped to the pool legs for the solar cover, looked really good.
    Don't see any reason why it couldn't be used for the cover.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

Quote Originally Posted by George N
    There was a post recently where the poster used PVC strapped to the pool legs for the solar cover, looked really good.
    Don't see any reason why it couldn't be used for the cover.
    This is what I was thinking and is exactly what I am planning to do when I get a solar cover. Perhaps I'll do one on each side for each a solar cover and a debris cover. Then again, if I get a solar cover, I guess I wouldn't use the debris cover until winter time.

OP, check out the pics in this thread. This is the PVC hooks George N mentioned. Simple and cheap. I googled "Solar Saddle" since you mentioned that and this is the same idea in DIY concept.

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit