Mouth watering ribs!!! Yum!!

May 31, 2012
Western, Wisconsin
Heres how I do ribs, First make a tinfoil pouch for your ribs I usually cut my racks into serving size first. Then use your favorite dry rub and generously rub both sides of ribs and place in tinfoil pouch. I then pour my favorite dark beer in the puck enough to cover the ribs and close up the pouch. I then place these on the grill over medium heat. ( I use a Weber so if you do you need to stack coals accordingly to control heat better) I then slow cook like this for 1 hr keeping an eye on level of beer in pouches keeping them covered with beer the entire time.( :whoot: this provides a great opportunity to knock a few back while the wife is putting together the sides) after the hour is up remove the Ribs and coat with favorite BBQ sauce I usually go with Sweet Baby Rays, but experiment with several kinds. Then place ribs directly on rack over coals to sear in the flavor serve and enjoy. I was shown this method a few years back while tailgating at a Green Bay Packers game by an old man I had met in the parking lot of Lambeau field. I have only cooked my Ribs this way ever since they are delicious!

sorry I am at work and will certainly post pics the next time I make these was just looking at the different ideas here and though I would contribute. You know getting some ideas for dinner tonight its the kids last day of school and need something different and special for our annual end of the school year bonfire and pool party

No special preparation straight from butcher/meat market. In the beer bath a good medium to medium high heat works well then high heat to sear after BBQ Sauce is added. I use a charcoal Grill so no specific temps its just something I've gotten used to over the years. what I do is I line the charcoal up on one side of the grill and slope to other side creating different degrees of heat across my grill. when in Beer bath Im usually anywhere from middle of the rack to lesser side or rack with fewer coals. If that makes any sense! the key is to not boil off the beer too quickly but to creat a slow simmer over the hour. My method of timing is quite unorthodox when in beer bath at at a regular drinking pace (not slamming or shotgunning the beer I'm drinking) while I watch the grill after every beer I drink I add a bit of the next beer to the ribs...lol :cheers: As I said unorthodox but after doing it a few times you will develop and certain knowledge of when its time to add beer and/or if the heat is right. I usually tell guests and my wife as I sit by the grill(I get asked often what it is I am doing out there standing next to the grill the entire time) that I am just having a few last beers with the animal and thanking him/her for the wonderful meal it is about to provide family and friends before it is put in its final resting place....MY TUMMY!!!! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.