Answer to my copper readings?

May 29, 2012
I just realized 2 weeks ago when I oPened my pool I used 34 oz of eclipse. I read the back and see copper is a main ingredient which is why they tout that ull need little chlorine, have to rarely shock and u won't get algae..... That is why even though I haven't shocked in a week due to a vitamin c treatment I'm clear of algae. Unfortunately my stabilizer and fc both read 0. My water a little discolored in deep end due to metals in water even though it's been heavily sequestered. I'm going to schock tonight to start eating up some of that vitamin c but I can't shock continuously over several days so figure I'll start with about 4 lbs of stabilizer as well. I won't be using the. Leach method yet but will use dichor which is why I'm only going to start with 4 lbs of stabilizer instead of tge reccomended 7. Any ideas or comments or does anyone think I'm kind of on the right track? I'm going to shop rite tonight to get some arm and hammer and borax to keep on hand. My tf100 should arrive tomorrow.

You should not shock the pool right after an AA treatment. Instead you should add chlorine in many small steps, so the level goes up gently.

Be very careful using dichlor, it is easy to use to much and end up with your CYA level much higher than you were expecting. If you keep track of the effect on CYA it is fine, but if you lose track there can be problems.

4 lbs of stabilizer is fine (give or take how much dichlor you plan on using).

I recommend adding no more than 2 ppm of chlorine per hour until you have had a stable FC level for a couple of days.

When I type in 2ppm it just says how much chlorine will be added, not how much 2 ppm is. What am I doing wrong. I'm headed out to pick up my car, I'll check back in an hr. I'll do it, I just need to know what I'm doing. I appreciate everyone's help and patience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
At the bottom if you put in 16 oz of dichlor it will say it will raise your FC by 3.2ppm and your CYA by 2.9ppm

You can either iterate there and lower the amount until you see FC 2ppm
-OR-
In the upper FC section, put 0ppm Now and 2ppm Target and it will tell you 10 oz of dichlor

Based on this info, I would suggest about 1/2 bag every hour ... remembering that each bag will add 2.9ppm CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.