After owning a plaster pool for seven years and spending thousands of dollars at the local pool store. I decided I was tired of getting kicked around. I removed my mesh cover this spring to the usual yearly encounter with a green swamp. I took the water sample to my local pool store and after balancing my Ph i preceded to bombard my pool with shock over the next three weeks as instructed by the pool store. After 3 weeks I used a total of 55 gallons of liquid chlorine and 86 bags of 53% cal-hypo. after a couple of good vacuums I now have clear water but my walls floors are stained. The stain is a brownish yellow in color and does not brush off. The pool guy came to the house and told me it was copper stains after pouring muric acid onto my first step-making it clear of any stains. He suggested draining the pool and acid washing the plaster.
I purchased the Taylor 2006 testing kit and my initial levels were as follows:
I did a vitamin c test and got no results. I concluded that it must be organic in nature. We preceded to shock the pool and maintained a FC level between 15-25ppm for three days. While continuing to brush. Although the stains seem to be fading slightly, still no major change.
How long and how high do we keep the shock level up?
Any advise is appreciated.
Steve and Ida[attachment=0:8nu44qjt]pool.JPG[/attachment:8nu44qjt]