I have an intex above ground 18x52 pool. I have upgraded to the 2500gph pump from intex. Our well is on the older side, so we had our water delivered by a local fire department. $275. As they were filling it, I could tell it was very dirty water. After they left I added shock, and low and behold it turned and ugly nasty green color. I took a sample to the pool store, and they said I had to get some metal magic, and some ph down. after adding, when i changed the filter, the filter itself and the water inside the housing was ORANGE! So I was like yay, this is working. Couple days later, still no real big change, so I took another sample to the pool store, everything was fine, just needed more metal magic. Added that bottle early in the morning. Later in the afternoon I added some hth concentrated clarifier. Hours later, I checked and the clarifier had seemed to work. it was clear, and you could see all the metal at the bottom of the pool. So excited. I cleaned the filter and hooked up my vacuum. I did it very slowly as no not disturb it very much. Once I was done though, it was pretty, but just a little cloudy, so I thought I could add more clarifier, and it would do the same thing it did the last time. Well it didn't. The pool turned green again. So, again, I took another sample and they said again, everything was fine, just need more metal magic. I told the lady what I had done, and how it seemed to work last time. So she said to follow the same routine, and then just shock it. Well I did just that, except for the shock, and it didn't do anything. the filter and housing are orange, so i cleaned them. you can even see how it has stained the inside of my hoses! I am afraid to add the shock, because of what happened last time. I know that metals have been removed, I can see that, but just am so worried that there is still a lot in there, and would react with the chlorine. Please help!!! I am so frustrated.