Run boost mode during the setup

Jun 5, 2012
I am a new pool owner, I have a quick question. I am doing the initial startup of my newly installed pool. I was told by the person where I purchased the pool I needed to run boost mode during the setup but I forgot when, I believe that he said to run boost mode after the generator light goes green on the generator, is this correct? Thanks in advance.

The life of a cell is rated in hours of operation. Therefore, boost cycles will take away from the hours of life. Occasional boost cycles won't affect it in the longrun, but the question for using it on start up is, why?
Most here will recommend adding chlorine manually, rather than taking away from cell life.
If you're just in need bumping up the chlorine level a little, such as for pool parties or bad weather conditions, boost as needed. I wouldn't recommend using Boost in place of superchlorinating your pool or for algae treatments.
Regarding when you can boost it, it doesn't matter if the generator light is on or not. If all conditions for operation is normal, you can boost it anytime. It should activate the cell go into boost right away. If the generator light is not on when you boost it, it should come on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.