Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Run boost mode during the setup

1. Back To Top    #1

Run boost mode during the setup

I am a new pool owner, I have a quick question. I am doing the initial startup of my newly installed pool. I was told by the person where I purchased the pool I needed to run boost mode during the setup but I forgot when, I believe that he said to run boost mode after the generator light goes green on the generator, is this correct? Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Toms River, NJ

Re: Run boost mode during the setup

I never use boost mode on mine. I use bleach when I need to shock or keep CL levels up. Then let CL come down and use SWCG. I also get the water balanced before firing it off.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG

3. Back To Top    #3

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Re: Run boost mode during the setup

The life of a cell is rated in hours of operation. Therefore, boost cycles will take away from the hours of life. Occasional boost cycles won't affect it in the longrun, but the question for using it on start up is, why?
    Most here will recommend adding chlorine manually, rather than taking away from cell life.
    If you're just in need bumping up the chlorine level a little, such as for pool parties or bad weather conditions, boost as needed. I wouldn't recommend using Boost in place of superchlorinating your pool or for algae treatments.
    Regarding when you can boost it, it doesn't matter if the generator light is on or not. If all conditions for operation is normal, you can boost it anytime. It should activate the cell go into boost right away. If the generator light is not on when you boost it, it should come on.
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators