Need your thoughts on an idea I have!

Apr 11, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo
Without going into allot of detail, I have an idea for a cap sort of thing most likely made from ABS plastic, that would fit over a 9" x 18" paver with either a round socket for the plastic feet of AG to sit in, or possibly the shape of the support legs themselves to slid in without the factory caps on the bottom.

The idea is to set the pavers where they need to be, then put one of these caps on each paver, set the pool up with the support legs in the sockets and you would not have to worry about the support legs sliding or moving around, they would stay where they are supposed to be.

I would need to find out if pools like Intex use the same size and shape of support legs for all their pools, just more of them depending on the pool size, or if they get bigger as well.

The sockets would all have small holes for water to drain out away from the metal legs.

I haven't set one of these up yet, but from what I have seen and read I think it would make the process much faster and easier.

What are your thoughts on something like this, would it be worth pursuing?

Think it would be something people would purchase and use when setting up an AG pool?

I think the paver is there just for added area to avoid settling / sinking. If you make an ABS foot the size of a paver, I do not think you would even need the paver any more ... unless the plastic is flexible enough to deform or crack.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Yea, I thought about just making ABS "pavers" with the socket, but I am just not sure how they would handle the weight.

The idea as presented still relies on the strength of the concrete paver, it simply keeps the support legs center on the paver and does not allow it to move around, no more having to keep an eye on all the legs as the pool fills to be sure they end up standing straight up like they are supposed to.

You have probably already set your pool since you were asking about this 2 weeks ago. If so, how did things go? We will hopefully be setting our pool in the next couple of days and I have been thinking about how to keep the feet from slipping outward on the paver's. I've come up with the idea of using that spongey type cabinet liner. I thought if I gather a piece around each foot and securing it with a rubberband. This should make adjusting the legs as it fills easier and then when they are in their final position I can cut the rubber bands and the feet will be centered on the non-slip material.

No I haven't set our pool yet, actually haven't even bought it yet, lol.

Fridge shot craps on us a couple of weeks ago, so we had to buy a Whirlpool instead of a swimming pool, lol.

This thread was started because I have been reading about people having to constantly work the supports while the pool fills, and I just had the idea of maybe designing a way to make it easier, and continue to make sure the supports stay where they are supposed to.

Basically was looking for input to see if it was worth looking into, so far it doesn't look like it.

Check out my main thread, I am documenting our project there.

new-to-site-and-new-pool-project-starting-this-year-t45291.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.