Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any suggestions for a screw-on cap for a return?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any suggestions for a screw-on cap for a return?

Our plumber threw in a return line (isolated by a manual valve) that is just a threaded opening on the floor of the pool. This is in the middle of a Caribbean shelf and is intended to be used as a fountain by screwing in a short pipe there so it can shoot water in the air.

I'm looking for a cap that I can screw into that when we are not using it as a fountain and I have the valve turned off. It is next to an umbrella sleeve that is gray, so ideally they would match. Does anybody have any suggestions? I figure worst case I could buy some PVC caps at the hardware store, but I doubt that would look any better than it is now, and I'd like it to be flush and easy to remove like the umbrella sleeve cover. The plaster company said I could buy one at a pool supply store, but the teenager at the desk looked at me like I was speaking Mandarin when I asked. I havent found anything on online pool supply stores, but that could be me searching for the wrong thing.

Here is a picture. Of course it was just windy enough today that I couldnt get a clean picture. The umbrella sleeve cover (grey) is to the right, and the open fountain hole (white) is on the left.
    16k gal IG pool with SWG and DiamondBrite finish
    Pentair Intelliflo pump with 520 sq ft cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any suggestions for a screw-on cap for a return?

This might work for you.

Hayward 1.5 Inch Flush Plug with Gasket - SP1022B
    http://www.yourpoolhq.com/hayward-1-5-i ... 1022b.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Any suggestions for a screw-on cap for a return?

Perfect. I had a feeling I just didn't know what it was called. Thanks.
    16k gal IG pool with SWG and DiamondBrite finish
    Pentair Intelliflo pump with 520 sq ft cartridge filter