High CH refill water High also

TC-8 Just shocked pool
    CC-0
    pH-7.5
    TA-110
    CH-750 to 800
    Borates-50

Refill water CH is 450

Pool is extremely clear, I do notice a little white dust on bottom of pool when I sweep been dealing with a lot of dirt on floor of pool so I assumed it was just the dirt but it is sometimes slightly white. All the posts I've read said high CH is manageable. So where should I have my pH and TA? We have a water softener for the house could I use soft water for refill? Should I let the rain refill my pool and what, if any would the negative side effects be from using rain water refill? I have an autocover and pool is only uncovered when swimming or shocking so no rain water gets in.

Thanks
    20'x40' inground, vinyl 38,000 gal. Auto Cover. Sand filter 300#. 1 1/2 hp pump. Pentair master temp 250 heater. Circupool Si60 chorine generator. TF-100 test kit. Borates--life is good😎.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: High CH refill water High also

I suggest you start working on lowering your TA down to around 60 or 70.

Using softened water for topping off the pool would be a huge help. Also check your tap water CH level every month or two. Most people find that it is much lower at certain times of year, which is a good time to do water replacement.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

What is your CYA? If you are shocking you probably are fluffing up the dead algae when sweeping. Topping off with rain water is fine...Lower your TA to between 60-70
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry forgot CYA. It is at 50. The only reason I shocked the pool was I pulled the light fixture out to see if the conduit was cracked, searching for a leak that's another topic, and all kinds of nasty stuff came out from behind the light so I dumped a gallon of bleach in by the light fixture. Trying to be one step ahead. Thought maybe the white stuff might be calcium precipitate.
    20'x40' inground, vinyl 38,000 gal. Auto Cover. Sand filter 300#. 1 1/2 hp pump. Pentair master temp 250 heater. Circupool Si60 chorine generator. TF-100 test kit. Borates--life is good😎.