New proseries 20 x 48 pool ground cover question

Jun 4, 2012
Hello,
I am new here and we have always had the easy set up pools with the blow up rings and this year have purchased the Proseries pool. We are leveling the ground and my question is about the cushion, instead of using the pink foam like some have talked about I am wondering if using a large piece of carpet would work? We were given some and thinking it might, trying to cut cost but not sure if anyone else has tried this. I don't want to have to take it right back down. We are in PA. and we will have to take the pool down before winter so I thought this might work. Would love any input!!! Thank you. Wendy

Have you ever been around wet carpet before? Add in dirt underneath and the warmth of being under the water and I think that carpet would start to smell pretty bad pretty quickly when it started to rot and mold.

Not to mention that any cushion would probably be gone with the weight of the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.