Frustrated & Broke!

Re: Frustrated & Broke!

I am not sure I am seeing the problem. are you actively shocking? If you pass the OCLT and your cc are low, the last test is water clarity.

So is that what you are editing for, clear water to stop shocking?

You are right the sun consumes FC everyday day. How much FC are you having to add? It is normal to have to add 2-4ppm every day.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Re: Frustrated & Broke!

I never said there was a problem. Just needed support & clarification on if I was doing the right thing or if I was missing something. My question was about the sun using chlorine so quickly & if that was okay given my CYA. I just thought it would hold better than that since my levels are right & we are past the shocking & overnight chlorine stage. I guess the sun is eating it up. Ate up almost a whole 182oz bottle from yestetday afternoon to about 24hrs later.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Frustrated & Broke!

No good advice for ya other than Hang In There! It's worth it! I was a BBB newbie last year and couldn't believe the bleach I
went through. Enough to almost make me quit and go back to tabs. Once I realized the bit about taking two steps back when the chlorine dropped during the shock process, I got much better at it. Second season of being a pool owner and I have Sparklypoolitis! Jut got 5 teens out of the pool and was amazed that more than one of them mentioned how clear it was and how it didn't have a chlorine smell or burn their eyes! You can do this and you'll love the results!
P.S. I'm using much less bleach this season. It gets better!

Check poolcalculator. How much FC does that bottle equate to in your pool?

might be normal. If you get a lot of sun then a CYA up around 50ppm could help.

EDIT: ok I got curious, looks like 182oz of 6% bleach gives you 3.3ppm FC ... so seems pretty normal. You might be able to lower it a little by bumping the CYA a bit.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.