Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does Pebble Fina cost MORE than Pebble Tec?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does Pebble Fina cost MORE than Pebble Tec?

Our contractor had level 1 Pebble tec in our contract. After much contemplation we think we would like Pebble Fina Bella Blue better. Bella Blue is a standard color. When we told our contractor he said that it would be about $800-$1000 more. I thought Fina was a downgrade from Tec. Am I confused or is my contractor confused?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does Pebble Fina cost MORE than Pebble Tec?

Pebble Tec is their baseline product. All of the variations are more expensive.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey guys,

pebble tec is their baseline pebble product, but pebble fina is more like a traditional plaster finish instead of the "pebble" finish. Around me, pebble fina is the base product and is about 30% less than pebble tec.
    Owner of Monogram Custom Pools in NE PA. My Personal Pool - 1000sf gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by acaciolo
    Hey guys,

pebble tec is their baseline pebble product, but pebble fina is more like a traditional plaster finish instead of the "pebble" finish. Around me, pebble fina is the base product and is about 30% less than pebble tec.
    Curious how Pebblesheen fits into the line?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

pebblesheen is the most expensive.
    Owner of Monogram Custom Pools in NE PA. My Personal Pool - 1000sf gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. I thought that it would be less since it does not have the pebble product in it. It does seem to be much smoother than regular plaster finish though. I think my PB didn't have a chance to price it before he told me it would be more.

7. Back To Top    #7

the pebble sheen is really, really nice. pretty $$$...but a great great product. pebble fina didn't excite me too much when i saw it.

8. Back To Top    #8

My builder said PebbleTec or PebbleSheen were the same price for me. I didnt ask about PebbleFina but I have read it is the cheaper of the 3. I think the pricing may vary on location, but if you are in Houston don't be fooled.

9. Back To Top    #9

Matt...actually we are in the Beaumont/Houston area. My husband REALLY wanted Beadcrete but it was over $7,000 more than the Pebble-TEC!

10. Back To Top    #10

I imagine so, Beadcrete is totally different but it looks pretty cool. But $7k??? I think I would pass, too...

11. Back To Top    #11

my plaster crew installed a few bead crete finishes, but had problems with very very sharp pieces. I wouldn't use it on a customer's pool after hearing those stories.